From: MATSUZAKI Kensuke [mailto:zakki@peppermint.jp]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 1:50 PM
To: Harold Hunt
Cc: MATSUZAKI Kensuke
Subject: Re: xwinclip i18n patch

Hi.

I send new patch that use Xutf8* and CF_UNICODETEXT.

Previous patch use Xmb*, but XLocase doesn't well on
ja_JP.SJIS(Japanese encoding), so it is necessary for Japanese
to apply Mr Fujieda's I18n extension for Cygwin DLL.
#http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~fujieda/cygwin/i18n.shtml

New patch workes without Fujieda's path.

GetClipboardData(CF_UNICODETEXT) is supported only NT/2000/XP.
And CP_UTF8 for WideCharToMultiByte is not supported in 95.

I used it for dozens minutes on Windows 2000/XP.
I can cut&paste Japanesse text between Internet Explorer/Notepad
on Windows and Emacs/Mozilla/KWord on X.
It seems this patch works well.
But I have not tested other locale something like Chinese, Korean, Thai.

/**
 * MATSUZAKI Kensuke
 * mail: zakki@peppermint.jp
 **/