Re: Cofiguration Q's

Elena,

First things first: be sure to reply *only* to the cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
mailing list.  I don't need to be cc'd (everyone knows I am subscribed to the
list) and please don't send messages only to me (always send them to the
list).   I do, however, often cc people that are asking their first question
because I don't know for a fact that they are subscribed to the mailing list
and I want to make sure that they get my reply.  That being said...

> Thanks for the help!
> Now our Cygwin on PC is working. We started it via
> startwin.bat and then used Telnet and SSH for remote
> connection.
> In both cases we were able only get local display from
> commands, not a locak desktop of remote Linux
> computer.

Read the manual:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

> Could you please suggest where to look for the proper
> cosettings for the remote machine?

If you can't get your remote machine to accept a connection, read the FAQ
entry about why some distros won't accept connections by default:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-mandrake-8.1-xdmcp

That should cover it.  There are links to further information about XDMCP in
the User's Guide entry in case you have more questions.