RE: How to start messing around with creating a rootless mode...

> But on the overall, I don't think it's really the way to go. Again, I
> don't known much about X so it may not be reasonable but what about
> creating a Windows window for each X window? This would allow each X App
>  to appear in the taskbar like any Windows application.

This is how eXceed works and it makes more sense to me.  When I'm working
in rootless mode - typically I won't be running a window manager.  I expect
the X windows to act and behave just like the windows windows.  So we need
trap all window open, close, resize events and pass them to our code
which creates / closes / resizes native windows windows.

It does seem like this might get a bit complex (we would have to hold the
hwnd
of each window in the windows private and use that to decide what needs
updating
and when).  The windows message loop will need to do some demux'ing as well.

Stuart