RE: KDE 2.2.2 beta1 released

> The same report as before.  When it gets to the kdehelp file with a
> filename of ~83 characters, it goes into an infinite loop saying it has to
> move the file to make the directory.  Didn't ralf submit a patch for this?
>  I haven't seen it show up on the cygwin-apps-cvs mailing list...  I'm on
> windows ME, so it is possible this is a Windows ME gotcha, I encourage you
> tho whip up a virtualpc session and see for yourself if you can.  If not,
> I'll try my best to help, but C (not OOP C++) is the extent of my
> knowledge...

recent Setup.exe releases are not able to handle files with a full pathnames
length about 100 characters. The reason is, that for tar file name length over
100 characters the GNU long name extension is used, but unfortunally the
setup.exe'S implementation contains a bug in this case.

This should happen for all windows variants.

Ralf