middle button & logitech mice: more info

Hi,

Looking through the archives for this list, I have noticed that others
have had a problem getting the middle button on Logitech mice to work in
XFree86 in cygwin.  The only solution that I found in the archives was to
avoid Logitech's drivers.  This is not necessary.

It seems that the middle mouse button can easily be enabled by a simple
setting in the "Mouse properties" control panel.  In the tab entitled
"Buttons", each of the three buttons can be assigned a wide variety of
actions.  The default assignment of the middle button causes it not to
work in XFree86.  I use the following assignment to make the buttons work
"normally":

Button 1 (left):   "Click/Select"
Button 2 (middle): "Middle Button"
Button 3 (right):  "Context Menu/Alternate Select"

(yes they number their buttons strangely - the tab has a nice picture to
illustrate their numbering of buttons)

Hope this helps anyone trying to get their 3-button/scroll logitech mouse
to work with a middle button.

Regards,
Luke.