From: Harold Hunt [mailto:cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 3:19 AM
To: Nicholas Wourms
Cc: cygx
Subject: RE: building xwin packages

Nicholas,

> Is there anything different which must be done now to cross compile that
> wasn't included in your directions or has changed since you wrote them?

I haven't done a cross compile in a couple of months now.  I just deleted by
Cygwin cross compiler off of my Linux machine, so I'd have to spend a bit of
time to do a test cross compile right now.  I'm a little strapped for time
right now and we're going out of town for the weekend, so it'll have to wait
until next month sometime.

On the other hand, I do recall that if you do not pass the flags *exactly*
as documented the build process will usually bomb at imake.  You should be
using the command like so (all on one line, but I wrapped it for
readability):
[harold@MyCrossHost std]$ make World
BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS="-D__CYGWIN__ -Ulinux -DCrossCompiling=1"
IMAKE_DEFINES="-D__CYGWIN__ -Ulinux" > World.log 2>&1

Good luck,

Harold

DISCLAIMER: Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is
proprietary to MASCOT SYSTEMS LTD and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have
been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at Mailadmin@mascotsystems.com Before opening attachments,
"Please scan for Viruses"