Re: Unable to get french keyboard with XDMCP connexion on AIX

I'm sorry, but it seems it's not a good answear.
Once again :
- I cannot change the configuration of the AIX Server
(the main reason is that in fact, I have MANY servers,
some AIX, some Solaris, some Linux,...)
- I just can change the "local" configuration, that is to
say the client for XDMCP.

My connexion is like :
start /B XWin -screen 0 1400 1050 -emulate3buttons -unixkill :0 -kb
-query %AIXIP%

I cannot use the option +kb since AIX NEEDS the option -kb
(the reverse option of +kb, as the FAQ said).
Of course, if I use a commercial version of such a X11 client
(exc..d), my connexion is perfectly in french keyboard,
according to my local PC configuration.

And I try to figure out how to do the same thing in order to
replace all my exc..d tools by Cygwin/XFree.

I am not new in Unix, nor in X11, but there, I can't figure
out a solution. I even try to recompile it, without success.

Any Ideas ?

Frédéric

Mon, 6 May 2002 09:42:14 +0200

>  If you look intpo my earlier append on this news list you will find
the
>  solution.
>
>  And to others : It does not make any difference (I have tested...)
wether
>  you run the xmodmap on the remote (server) system or you r local
system.
>  Therefore you can run it via your local bash shell - just ensure
that your
>  DISPLAY is pointing to the correct session.
>
>  BTW - I believe that we should pursue the usage oxf Xinit as
mentioned in
>  another append to get the correct initialization of keyboards/locale
-
>  thereby we can ensure that a system default in etc/X11 is working
with user
>  defaults overriding/enhancing in $HOME....
>
>  Med venlig hilsen / Regards
>  Franz Wolfhagen

- http://www.WebMailSPro.com - >>
VOTRE service d'email sans pub avec VOTRE nom de domaine