Re: MIT shared memory extension

Ralf Habacker wrote:

>>It is possible though to compile xfree86 for cygwin with that enabled,
>>but it haven't been tested, check the mailinglist.
>>

> It works, we have done so for the kde-cygwin port

Yeah, but it requires CygIPC, doesn't it?

BTW, has anybody tried to run kde-cygwin using the new cygwin-daemon to
provide the IPC services?  Currently, the cygwin daemon implements some
subset of the three main IPC mechanisms (semaphores, messages. shared
memory) -- but I don't remember if shm was part of that subset...

Anyway, even if the cygwin-daemon DOES provide the necessary IPC
features, you'd probably need to recompile kde-cygwin against it instead
of CygIPC.

--Chuck

the cygwin-daemon code was recently merged into CVS; the snapshots have
the functionality but the daemon itself is not "turned on" by default.
Just like ipcdaemon.exe, you have to start up the cygwin-daemon
yourself.  For more info, see the cygwin-developers mailing list archives.