RE: Problem with Solaris

*My* problem in this situation turned out to be that the XDMCP session from
Solaris needed Solaris fonts which are not available by default on
Cygwin/XFree86.

I solved my problem by having my XWin use the font server on the Solaris
box:
	XWin -from "$MyPC" -query "$SolarisBox" -fp tcp/$SolarisBox:7100 &

Alternatively, there are publicly-available font conversion programs which
would allow you to convert the Solaris fonts into Cygwin/XFree86 fonts and
install them on your PC.  This is not nearly as easy as using a font server,
however.

	-D.
David Dawson
david.w.dawson@lmco.com