RE: Please help: XDMCP connection dog-slow

Do you use a novell logon?
If so I?m not sure if it is the problem, but could you try to resolve the
names of both computers?
Try to logon onto your linux and try to resolve the other computer name, and
also the other way (logon on client try to resolve the linux box)

best regards,
Darko