Re: "X connection to 127.0. ...explicit kill..."

I ran into something like this setting up my home machine, to which I
don't have access right now.
It ended up being an issue with host / DISPLAY configuration; check out
your /etc/hosts and make sure the entries make sense. I remember I had
to do something with localhost and/or my chosen hostname, and 127.0.0.1,
to get it to work.
I think that what's happening is that XWin.exe starts, but all clients
fail to connect, so it just shuts down immediately.
I ended up setting my DISPLAY to something other than the default, as well
(try setting your DISPLAY to be just ":0" rather than "127.0.0.1:0")

-nik