RE: missing telnet, solution

In debian, there is a package that will do this - I think it that when a
binary is not found it queries dpkg to see if a package that can provide
it exists.

Anyway, I think that an _automated_ approach to this could be quite
useful, but not a manual one. (I realise that you didn't imply either,
I'm simply getting there first :}).

Rob