Re: Please help: XDMCP connection dog-slow

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I'll mail this personally since I'm not
sure it's of common interest for the list.

> how do you connect to the mandrake? Via DNS names or via IP?

IP. Novell stuff (IPX) performs normally, so does ping and VNC.
everything else (ftp, xdm) is terribly slow.

> Then the login appears, are tere any differences in the performance during
> the session?

The login screen appears *very slowly* and after quite some time.
Login, wait two minutes for your desktop (just fvwm) to appear.
Open a terminal, wait for the window, wait for the shell. And so on ...

Cheers

Edi