Re: And we have a xfree cygwin package.. (What are they called?)

/ Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
| On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 11:27:18PM -0500, Harold Hunt wrote:
| >Okay, I mirrored the files:
| >http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase/xbase-4.2.0-1.tar.bz2
| >http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase/setup.hint
| >http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase/md5.sum
|
| I'm not clear on whether these (mirrored) files are being formally
| offered for the cygwin release or not.

Thanx!

At the moment they are just me playing around, getting accustomed to
cygwin setup, hoping to get some feedback to see if I got it right.

| It seems like there were originally some questions that are best dealt
| with in the cygwin-apps mailing list (cc'ed), where discussion about
| that kind of stuff is commonplace.

will join ;-)

| My inclination is to just add the xfree directory in the ftp area to the
| list of directories that setup scans for files to install.  Then you can
| create your hierarchy under that.
|
| Or, were you planning on keeping the separate .tgz files around too?

separate .tgz? I The executable tgz's of the xfree package? I am
considering giving it a try using them instead.. small ptoblem might
be version numbering, can I put version numbers in the hints file?
(the dist tgz files today is automagically built by xfree makefile(?)
and therefore I don't want to change their name, to get it as easy as
possible)

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!