And we have a xfree cygwin package.. (What are they called?)

Throw a browser at:
        http://flognat.myip.org/xbase
                (ehm cable-modem, so it is not that fast, would
        apreciate if someone with faster connection could mirror it ;-))

xbase, one package with all the required files..

There are couple of small quirks, but I thought you should throw an
eye on it before I fixed those.. ;-) at least it fires up when I start
startxwin.bat.

A couple of setup questions...

* Is it ok to ask the user questions and so on in the postinstall
  script??

* there are some questions in the xinstall script about manually
  adding stuff to the termcap database, asks if it should replace some
  files.. do we need to do anything there?

Some of the files are read-only, meaning that overwriting them can't
be done, don't know if it is anything to worry about? (It was just me
who had problems continuing a aborted installation)

I am just mainly exercising :-) Feeling around with the setup and so
on, assuming that I would do the version where we took all the
tgz-files and made setup.hints for them all, where in the hierarchy
should they be put??

cygwin/contrib/xfree/Xbin/setup.hint
                     Xbin/Xbin.tgz
                     Xetc/setup.hint
                     Xetc/Xetc.tgz
or

cygwin/contrib/Xbin/setup.hint
               Xbin/Xbin.tgz
               Xetc/setup.hint
               Xetc/Xetc.tgz

When planning for this, I have the thought of basically,
startup-scripts requires Xbin.tgz Xdoc.tgz Xetc.tgz Xfenc.tgz Xfnts.tgz Xlib.tgz Xman.tgz
Xxserv.tgz.. these require startup-scripts (hmm maybe rename to xstartupscripts?)

the other packages like Xf100, Xfscl, Xnext.. requires
startup-scripts..

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!