Re: Installation on CD-Rom, Copying a whole installation

dont do that Andreas!! the XFree86 4.2.0 binaries can easily be
converted into a cygwin installer package..

you need to do 2 things... create a cygwin package and create a hint
file to install it...

download the cygwin binaries
uncompress them all...
this should convert the cygwin Xfree86 binary into a package usable by
the installer.... (not that i've tested it)

mkdir -p /tmp/usr/X11R6
mv ./* /tmp/usr
cd /tmp
tar -C /tmp -czvf XPackage.tgz usr

create the setup.hint
the cygwin contributors guide: http://cygwin.com/setup.html

Note: you'll have to install packages from a local directory.