Re: Win XP and xfree86 : Part 2

Once again, please direct all X questions to the xfree mailing list.

What are you asking?  The response you got has to do with how someone is using
cygwin and xfree as their X-Windows server to do remote admin.  This is pretty
much what you want to do, minus the admin part.  It is probably a bit more
complicated than you are interested in, but ... what is the question?

Sorry.  I am confused by this all.  The xfree/cygwin website tells you how to
do it all : http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/.  If you want to run more, take a
look at ported software section :
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/ported-software.html. It includes extra apps and
windows managers.

Regardless, you do not need to recompile anything yourself.  All the packages
exist.  You simply need to download them, and install them as per the
instructions, and the instructions are made to be extremely easy.

Brian