X-WINDOWS and WINDOWS XP

Hello ,

         Please send me any information you may have on installing and
running  X-Windows (or something very like it ) on a PC with Win XP .

          I particulary want to know if there might be potential difficulties
in getting on to my ISP (dynamic IP address) , and then logging into my
College machine (UNIX ).
          I can do this at present just with Win XP and telnet , but I would
like to have something a bit like UNIX on my PC .

                       Thanks ,

                     Jim Wood