RE: Ttmkfdir TrueType font directory prep tool (binary for Cygwin)

I tried the following:

XWin -fp /cygdrive/c/WINNT/Fonts -fn "-*-courier
new-medium-r-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

This got me passed the error about not finding a font named "fixed", but I
got a  new error about not being able to get the default cursor font.  I'm
not sure if Windows has a curosr font.  For kicks, I tried this:

XWin -fp /cygdrive/c/WINNT/Fonts -fn "-*-courier
new-medium-r-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" -fc "-*-wingdings-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

This time, XWin fired up just fine.  However, I didn't get much farther
because my window manager, fvwm2, croaked because it couldn't get the font
"fixed".  It must be hard-coded in there somewhere.

I suppose I could fix this problem by somehow aliasing "fixed" to, say,
"Courier".  However, I chose to simply add the "misc" fonts to the path (has
the added benefit that the default cursor font lives there as well, so I
could ditch WingDings):

XWin -fp "/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Fonts,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc" -fn
"-*-courier new-medium-r-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

Works like a charm!