RE: Porting Xfree 86 to Windows 2000

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Venkatesh  Ballani wrote:
>
> > HI,
> > 	Thanks for information, I have specific problem....i
> want to convert
> > whole Xfree86 package into windows 2000..which later ported into
> > target platform..while porting Xfree86 into windows 2000
> using nmake
> > command...
>
> There is also a project which tries to compile xfree86 with
> the MS SDK. See http://sources.redhat.com/win32-x11/
>
> > system generates errors at imake.c .... Please guide
> me.,... is there
> > any other way to solve this problem....

I replied to this on win32-x11 mailing list.  A clip of a few error
messages are not going to help diagnose problem.  If you are attempting
to compile xfree86 on Win32 using MSVC, it needs a lot patching... and
as Alexander mentioned a high level of programming skill.  The WIN32-X11
project DOE NOT attempt to port XFree86 to Win32.  It is X11R6.5 based
with server code and patches added to the X11R6.5.x sources tree.
Although, I had been working on patching Xfree86 to compile with MSVC++,
but due to busy schedule it is far from complete.  I had not released
any patches for xfree86 to compile MSVC yet.

Suhaib