Re: KDE under cygwin?

In a message dated 3/7/02 8:04:30 AM, cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com writes:

>On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:43:05AM +0100, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>> Is anyone using KDE, KOffice, (especially)
>>> KDevelop with Cygwin? I assume it
>>> would need the qt library. Is this all workable?
>>>
>>Look at http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net. There are alpha
>>releases of some kde packages
>
>And this is the wrong mailing list for discussing KDE.

There is always at least one isn't there? I suppose this is not the place to
ask questions related to cygwin? Do you have an answer? Can I run KDE under
cygwin? Maybe you have some more useless responses unrelated to the question?

I just did a complete install of Redhat that turned out to be the "publishers
release"  with  no KDevelop or KOffice, supposed features of KDE 2.0+. So I'm
back to cygwin where I already have cross development set up in a command
line environment and want to test IDE and debug options.

I have wasted a lot of time and don't need any smoke from anal retentive list
monitors. What's next, detention? If you don't like it and this is the
quality of help here, I'll gladly unsubscribe.

Yours,
Charlie Springer