RE: XDMCP starting problems on Win2k & RH 7.2

Darryl,

If at all possible, as a diagnostic test you should connect only the two
computers in question together on a seperate test network, making sure to
set each machine up with a static IP address.  Then try to login via XDMCP
on the test network.  If XDMCP works fine on the test network, then you have
some sort of misconfiguration on your primary network (which is what I
suspect).

You still haven't told us the speed of the network between the machines.
Cable modems do not work as fast as 10Base-T, so XDMCP doesn't usually work
very well over a cable modem.

Harold