Re: Newbie needs help opening browser window.

Brian,

You are a bit confused by my question because I am
confused and propagating confusion!

I am not sure if I want to run a different window
manager or not. What I want is to be able to run a
browser window from the remote Linux machine on my
XWin client on cygwin. The reason is that I am going
to be doing some installs via that browser and it
makes my life easier (i.e. easier than using lynx that
is).

If I need to run a different window manager, then so
be it. I have been reading about XDMCP but I don't
fully get it. Can you point me to the best place to
learn how to set up XDMCP for the Linux box? Is this a
good reference:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/XDMCP-HOWTO/

Thanks again,

-Chris.