RE: New to-do item - configuration

Though I do not know what the issues are with porting the configfile reader, it
also seems to be the most portable solution.  One of the things I like the most
about the X server, is that it is so similar to the *nix ports out there.  The
auto-configurability obviously is not necessary,  as with the settings that go
along with it (refresh rates, etc) since it has a graphics library to sit on
top of, so it may be a bit easier.

A Registry solution would be extremely quick to implement, but you loose the
instant familiarity.  The very first thing I did when I downloaded the X server
for the first time was go directly to the XF86Config file, and was confused to
not find it.  (This was before the fabulous documentation of course... Thanks
Harold :))

But who am I to complain?  I havent had a part in the development... only in
some debugging.  For that matter, I like it just the way it is :)

Brian