xlib threads, xwinx

Hi all,

First of all, a big thank you to all of you involved in cygwin-xfree and
cygwin generally. I've been using cygwin for all the general stuff for a
while (when I absolutely *have* to use windows...).

More recently, I've used cygwin and cygwin-xfree to create XWinX, a
project which some on this list might be interested in. Basically, it's
an X client for win32 that uses cygwin and xlib to project the windows
desktop into a window on the X server. Details at http://www.xwinx.org/.

Anyway, it's definately something that couldn't exist without the hard
work of everyone involved with cygwin, xfree86, and cygwin-xfree, so
thanks.

My question relates to threading with xlib on windows. Calling
XInitThreads() seems to return a value suggesting that threading is
*not* supported in the xlib distributed with cygwin-xfree. Is this
correct?

And if threading isn't supported, how hard would it be to support? At
present, we are using locking with pthreads to make sure only one thread
uses xlib at any given time, but we'd prefer to use native threading
with xlib.

Thanks,

KimS