extract.bad

Hi,

I am trying to install Xfree on cygwin.

I get the following message when I tried to execute ./Xinstall.sh
$ ./Xinstall.sh

                 Welcome to the XFree86 4.1.0 installer

You are strongly advised to backup your existing XFree86 installation
before proceeding.  This includes the /usr/X11R6 and /etc/X11
directories.  The installation process will overwrite existing files
in those directories, and this may include some configuration files
that may have been customised.

If you are installing a version different from 4.1.0, you
may need an updated version of this installer script.

Do you wish to continue? (y/n) [n] y

Checking which OS you're running...
uname reports 'CYGWIN_NT-5.0' version '1.3.3(0.46/3/2)', architecture 'i686'.

chmod: changing permissions of `extract': No such file or directory
head: not found
extract doesn't work properly, renaming it to 'extract.bad'
mv: preserving times for `extract.bad': No such file or directory
mv: cannot unlink `extract': No such file or directory
mv: cannot remove `extract': No such file or directory
head: not found
extract.exe doesn't work properly, renaming it to
'extract.exe.bad'

The versions of 'extract' and 'extract.exe' you have do not run'
correctly.  Make sure that you have downloaded the correct
binaries for your system.  To find out which is correct,
run 'sh ./Xinstall.sh -check'.

When you have corrected the problem, please re-run 'sh ./Xinstall.sh'
to proceed with the installation.

Administrator@LP /tmp/4.1.0
$ sh ./Xinstall.sh -check
Checking which OS you're running...
uname reports 'CYGWIN_NT-5.0' version '1.3.3(0.46/3/2)', architecture 'i686'.

Binary distribution name is 'Cygwin-ix86'

Can anybody help? I tried to see if there is more than one cygwin1.dll  But
all the files named cyg*.dll are only in c:/cygwin/bin/

I am using a P3 with Windows 2000.

BTW, if this might help - I had it installed and running fine previously.
For some reason, I had to delete C:/cygwin.. So I am now installing the
entire software again. Cygwin works fine. I cannot get to install xfree.

Thanks

Lalit Patil