RE: XWin.log

Rajid,

> I think you have misunderstood what I meant.  I don't mean the screen
> number(s), I mean the display number.  By default, XWin uses display 0
> (zero) on port 6000.  But if I run

Yeah, I thought you were talking about screen numbers... in any case...

> Each XWin can only have a single display number, and I would be
> surprised if this is unknown at the time the log file is opened, as it
> is either 0 (zero) by default, or is passed as an explicit parameter.

Well, start acting surprised.  Unless there is a requirement that the
display number comes first (I have not checked), then there is no guarantee
that I know the display number at the time that the log file is opened.
Prove to me that the display number has to be the first parameter and we can
maybe work on something.