Re: cygncurses5.dll not found

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:07:33PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:01:35AM -0700, Mike wrote:
>>when starting xterm, I get the following error.  "the dynamic link
>>library cygncurses5.dll could not be found"
>>
>>I figure it was just a path problem and that I surely must have this
>>dll, so I went and looked.  I have cygncurses6.dll, not 5.  I updated
>>my cygwin install just minutes before installing xfree.
>>
>>is this a known issue?  that the current xfree binaries do not work
>>with the most current cygwin install?
>>
>On the cygwin 'setup.exe' installation.  When it comes up 'nothing to
>install' click on the 'prev' button at the top.  You should be able to
>get ncurses v5 then.

Actually, that's not the correct way to handle this.

Just rerun select.exe, when it comes to nothing to install, select
"Full", and click on libncurses5 until you come to "Reinstall".  This
will reinstall the libncurses5 package.

See also:  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00124.html

cgf