Re: XDMCP "No valid address" error

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, steve wrote:

> Hi, I'm getting "XDMCP Fatal error: Session declined with no valid address"
> when I try to start Xwin -query servername; I'm running on win2k.
> I downloaded the 'ls_netdev' tool and it only shows 'lo' device,
> so is this the problem?  When I tried to download the fix from Alexander's
> site, I got access denied or 404 file not found, please can some kind person
> email me his fix or tell me where to get it?
> The only peculiarity about the win2k box is that it has a token ring
> interface.

I fixed the 404. But the modification in cygwin1.dll does only affect win95
and earliery windows versions. It will not modify anything for win2k.

I'll take a look on the win2k code, but don't expect too much since I don't
have this error on any of my win2k installations and can't verify the error.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017