Re: Bad performance a common problem?

I wrote:
>Does anyone know the reason and a possible solution [OS is Windows 95]?

I didn't find out what the problem is on my machine, but testing on two other Windows 95 computers showed that XFree86/Cygwin performance is
no problem there.

Since I normally use Linux and my Windows installation serves as a testbed only, which means that a lot of changes are applied to it into a short
period of time, I'd blame that for the performance problem. The other two computers had quite fresh installations... I'll reinstall Windows next week
and check if that's a cure.

(My computer is nominally the fastest of the three tested.)

 - Tim

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp