RE: Xfree86 Backgrounds

> Yeah, I know of xsetroot & xsetbg.  I am developing an embedded
> system using
> Xfree86 and I'd like to able to eliminate any flashes during the startup
> sequence.  Currently there is a 1-2 second flash of the cross hatch
> background when the xserver starts.  Do you know of any way in the source
> code to stop the xserver from displaying the hatch background?

1) No, I do not.  Why didn't you say that you were developing an
	embedded system the first time.

2) Don't directly send emails to me for something that could be addressed
	by the XFree86 or Cygwin/XFree86 mailing lists.  Sorry, it's just
	policy so that others can see what is going on and pitch in if
	they know the answer.