Release all keys when losing focus?

As I look back through the xfree changelogs, I notice that as of
test30 xfree sends release messages for modifier keys when it loses
Windows keyboard focus.

Is there any reason that this is not done for all keys?

I've run into one annoying problem that still exists with
xwin-test48.  When a Windows dialog pops up while I'm typing in
xfree, xfree will often think I'm still holding down whatever key I
was holding down at that instant.

For example, I'll be running a windows program from an xterm in
xfree, and it'll crash right when I hit Enter.  The VC debugger
window pops up just as I'm about to release the Enter key.  As I read
the popup message, I see that the xfree window (which no longer has
focus) is now behaving as though I am holding down the Enter key.

Once it starts, I can fix the problem by giving focus back to the
xfree window and hitting the repeated key again, but is this really
necessary?

Running Win2k Pro, Athlon 1 GHz on Asus A7V MB.  I don't think
anything else in my setup is too strange.

Thanks for your answers and hard work.  I love this X server!

Steve