Re: Problem with Xwin.exe

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 04:43:19PM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
>Hans-Peter,
>
>I thought that only happened with ancient versions of Cygwin, or when you
>have multiple versions of cygwin1.dll on your system.

You're thinking of a different problem.

This problem happens with Windows XP.  It's been discussed and rehashed
endlessly by people on the cygwin mailing list.  So, I eventually put
some words about this on the Cygwin web page.  I've rewritten the words
three times with just about zero effect.

Now, this is usually the point where someone observes "Windows XP work
really good for me!" and then we will discuss whether it is possibly
the lighting above the computer that allows things to work great for
one person but not for another.  Or, maybe it's because I'm using a USB
mouse and you're using a PS/2...

We will, of course, stay well clear of any inspection of the source code
during any discussion.

cgf