RE: Trying to get enlightenment compiled

> > I did that. Installed as service.
> > Recompiled X with CygIPC in my host.def file.
> > Got the ./configure line that says -lipc to say yes now.
> > <Side note: isn't it libcygipc.a?>
> >
> > Basicly I've done everything that Alan said in that post.
> > Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with enlightenment
> > recently
> > and if they have if they had to modify e in any way.
> >
> > >Visit http://cygwin.com and look for Related Sofwtare link and find
> > >CygIPC from CygUtils site. You need to link to libipc.a
> >
> > What do you mean link? Something other than what 'make' 'make
> > install' in cygipc does?
>

> link means link
>
> you should link your executable to -lcygipc  Edit Makefile and where it says
> -lipc reaplace it with -lcygipc

Did that also. Was actually the first thing I tried after installing cygipc.
Although I went back and changed it back to -lipc afterwards and seemed to
get the same result. =\

If you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them. I am currently starting over
on another box to see if I fat-fingered something, or messed something up in
my efforts. X is almost done compiling. :)

I still think it might be something in the enlightenment code, because the shmtool
compiles just fine using shmget functions. I am no programer so I am lost when
I look at the code. Should I be able to compile shmtool without libcygipc.a?