setting Norwegian keyboard when using KDM

Platform, client: Win2k, CygWin 1.3.2, cygwin-xfree86 4.1.0
Platform, server: debian 2.2r3 (potato), kdm 2.1.1

Starting cygwin XFree86 agains KDM works fine now,
except that it comes up with a US keyboard setting
instead of a Norwegian one.

I've found a Norwegian xmodmap at
	<http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/X11/i18n/>
it's pretty old (July 1992), but I thought I'd try
it anyway.

So far I have tried (most of these after earlier
advices given on this list):
 - setting Xmodmap.no from the above URL, as
   ~/.Xmodmap, and logging in from KDM
 - putting Xmodmap.no into /usr/X11, and
   changing the setting
	sysmodmap=/usr/X11/Xmodmap
	sysmodmap=/usr/X11/Xmodmap.no
   in /etc/X11/kdm/Xsetup
   (I saw that this made a different Xmodmap be
   used, because of different output into
   ~/.xsession-errors)
 - setting a Norwegian keyboard as the default
   in the KDE Control Panel
 - running "xmodmap Xmodmap.no" in KDE
 - running "xmodmap Xmodmap.no" in WindowMaker
 - running xkeycaps in a WindowMaker session,
   saving a Norwegian keyboard into a file,
   and running "xmodmap" on this file

So far without any success.  The keyboard mapping
stays US. :-/

- Steinar

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.