Re: xc/config/cf/cygwin.rules - ComplexProgramTarget_1

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 12:45:01AM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
> Alan,
>
> > +#ifdef CrossCompiling
> >  #define ProgramTargetName(target) Concat(target,.exe)
> > +#endif
>
> CrossCompiling is a YES or NO flag, not a defined or undefined flag.  Of
> course, it may be undefined when not CrossCompiling, achieving the desired
> affect, but we should try to keep things correct.

Yes, I know it's a YES/NO flag.

> > So things like, xc/config/util wants to make xmkmf.exe instead of
> > xmkmf, and
> > xc/programs/xinit wants to build xinit.exe.exe.
>
> I don't understand why the problem has cropped up just now.  However, in
> keeping with the spirit of the comment that I wrote for
> xc/config/cf/cygwin.rules/ProgramTargetName()
> (http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/config/cf/cygwin.rules),
> it would make sense to wrap the local definition of ProgramTargetName() in
> cygwin.rules with #if CrossCompiling.

Don't you see the problem ?

After a complete build, go into xc/config/util, and just type make, I get
a 'no rule to make xmkmf.exe' error. Same for xinit.

> I propose the following patch, if it works for you, please commit it.

Sorry Harold, in my haste to get it fixed i misplaced the #if with an #ifdef.

Anyway, I've just applied the fix.

Alan.