FW: XWin-Test42 results. [CDE crashes fixed by Test42]

Randy sent this to me a few days ago, confirming that Test42 fixed his
crashes with CDE sessions under Solaris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Cobb [mailto:rcobb@setdr.org]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:47 AM
To: huntharo@msu.edu
Subject: XWin-Test42 results.

Harold,

As requested, I ran the XWin-Test42 server against all of my Solaris boxes.
Looks like the CDE problem has been corrected.  I was able to X into all 3
of my Solaris boxes using CDE without a glitch.

I'm still working on the Java (WebStart) testing, as I have about 8 more
packages to install on my Solaris 8 (Sparc) box.  I will keep you updated if
any problems arise during these installations.

One more note...  On SOME (emphasis on some - as in it's random, but does
occur fairly requently) of the client machines running Test 42, I get about
a 1 inch section at the top of the X desktop that will not repaint properly.

Cheers,
Randal Cobb
Applications Architect
Daugherty Systems, Inc.