Re: Multiple Windows

On 14 Aug 2001, Andrew Markebo wrote:

> | But why. If you only see the windows, but can't select them, it's a very
> | strange behaviour.
>
> Why, why yeah.. good question, why do we need windows 2000 :-)
>
> Well sometimes I want to see what is in the window beside me, to
> visually parse that and put it in a xterm window.. Maybe I like the

Ok, good point. But this is possible (at least with Tweakui and XMouse).
While I write these lines in an xterm, another cmd-window is above XWin
and I can scan the output.

> desktop background I have.. :-)

Why not setting it in X :-)

Have you ever taken a screenshot from your desktop with windows and used it
as background? This is a good test. You will notice that you click every 5
minutes on one of these fake windows. The same will happen, when the
X background is not visible. And only expect all the questions to the ml:
"I can't select the window under the XWin display!".

Ok, if it's not that difficult to disable the background, we can add a switch
to disable the background. But most important: Don't make it the default!

bye
	ago

 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017