RE: How do you build XWin.exe from the XFree86 source tree? Please Help!

> YOU ARE IN THE WRONG MAILING LIST!

Please post to proper mailing list ONLY.

> Once again, I have redirected this message to the correct list.
>
> Sheesh.
>
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 07:10:16PM -0400, Fallon, Charlie wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I was wondering if anyone could help me in building the XWin.exe from
> >the XFree86 source tree?  I'm running into a lot of problems.  First
> >off, I've read the documentation on the xfree86-cygwin site and have
> >still been unable to properly build it.  My questions are:
> >
> >In the /xc/config/cf directory, do I copy over the cygwin.cf file to
> the
> >site.def file?

NO. you can have a blank site.def file, but do not copy cygwin.cf to
site.def or host.def  You will create duplicates and as a result big
compilation mess.

> Do I then run make World?

Yes

 I've tried this and I've
> come
> >up with 2 errors  every time.

Post the exact error messages.  It is impossible to imagine what those
errors could be.

> >Can the XWin.exe be built on a Linux machine or does it have to be
> built
> >on a Microsoft machine?

Yes, Read about cross-compiling.  Harold posted instructions.

> >Basically, I am not clear on how to setup the configuration and or
> what
> >environment the XWin.exe should be created in (Linux, Microsoft).

Should be compiled on Windows.  But you can compile on Linux too if you are
set to do a cross-compilations.  It is Cygwin application for Windows.