RE: CDE Hangs on login with Xfree

Be careful when installing it might wipe out your Linux swap partition, in
worst scenario your entire Linux partition.  Do not use Disk 1 to install...
it will certianly wipe out every partition without even telling you.
Instead use Disk 4 (I think it is named tools or something like that) and
use manual installation.  Long time ago, I found a document on Internet
which helped get around this mess.  I do not know why RedHat starting from
RedHat 5.2 labeled their swap partition as x86.  Although I raised this
question on Red Hat Beta Team mailing list once but never got a response.
The trick was to delete the Linux swap partition, install Solaris,
then later manually create Linux swap partition.

The upcoming RH 7.2 release will have a loader Grub, which is excellent to
install multiple OS on one PC.

Suhaib