RE: XDMCP

Ryan,

Something must be messed up.  Cygwin/XFree86 performance with XDMCP should
be the same as with any Linux machine.  Your Windows 98 TCP/IP network
settings are probably messed up, or the network cable connecting your
Windows machine to the hub is bad.  I had a bad cable once that worked fine
at 10 Mbit/s, but at 100 Mbit/s it caused my samba shares to take about 3
minutes to logon and file transfers were extremely slow.  Yet, the switch
thought the cable was fine.  Long story short, try a new cable, and/or plug
in through a different hub.

Harold