RE: Cygwin-Xfree-Opendx Question

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Harold Hunt wrote:

> > You can use mount utility to change mount points, there is no need to
> > reinstall everything...
>
> Right.Although, rerunning setup.exe doesn't install anything if your
> installation is already up to date.I suggest setup.exe because it is so
> simple.
>
> On the other hand, I can't come up with an exact comand line sequence that
> could be used to change the mounts from textmode to binmode on every
> computer.Don't you have to 'umount' each textmode mount then 'mount' them
> again using binmode?
>
> Harold

setup.exe sets some entries in the registry:

Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\

(under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if you have installed for "all users" or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER if you installed for your user). I'm not sure what is
the syntax of those entries exactly and when exactly they are used
(anybody care to read the sources? ;-) ) . Anyway I have:

C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type user (binmode,noumount)

and the registry netries are:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/]
"native"="C:\\cygwin"
flags"=dword:0000000a"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin]
"native"="C:/cygwin/bin"
flags"=dword:0000000a"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib]
"native"="C:/cygwin/lib"
flags"=dword:0000000a"

Now when I think about it: the /lib and /bin entries were added to allow
mounting '/' in text mode (right?).

Maybe add a mount point for /usr/X11R6 ?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:tzafrir@technion.ac.il