X server crash from icewm

Hi

I have currently downloaded and installed icewm. I didn't bother much with
tweaking (just configure; make; make install).

* make install gave an error when trying to install the docs. Something
with pushd and popd. I  figure that there is some script that assumes that
/bin/sh is bash, (I have installed ash. Maybe it wasn't that smart). but I
haven't checked this.

* The cpu meter and network meter don't work. But those are probably
contain platform-dependent code.

But:

* switching themes or restarting causes the X server to crash. The error
mssage I see (that I believe comes from XWin):

Fatal server error:
negative sized edge?

Configuration:

win98se
cygwin 1.3.2-1
Latest stable XFree/cygwin
XWin.exe test40

Another note:

I noticed that all the sample startx scripts have an explicit 'screen'
parameter for XWin. Is it really needed? Isn't it better to default to no
-screen parameter' which should give an XFree window that occupies the
whole available screen space (right? at least this is how it works for me)

(This is not related: I have tried using an explicit -screen parameter in
.xserverrc , and still I get the same crashes)

Any ideas? (besides the obvious "don't restart")
What should I check?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:tzafrir@technion.ac.il