RE: Xfree hangs with Solaris 8

Essentially the font server was already configured (the config file is in
/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fontserver.cfg). All that was necessary was to start
one up, specifying a known port number.
I did this:

xfs -port 1234 &

(other people may need to edit their xfs config file first)

Then you can specify the -fp option to your X server with the protocol,
host and port of the font server (e.g. -fp tcp/dolphin:1234).

If you have problems you can test that the font server is present by using
the "fslsfonts" command. So if the font server was started up as described
above, you can query it using the following command:

fslsfonts -server dolphin:1234

Oliver

"Roy Razon" <royr@multiconn.com> on 10/07/2001 12:20:39