RE: Untarring startup-scripts.tgz

Actually, I tried two different ftp's (the Cygwin ftp facility first,
then downloading via Netscape) from 3 or 4 different mirror sites (US,
Sweden).  The downloaded file seemed to be the same size as the
source, and I did untar as below, i.e., "tar -xvf startup-scripts.tgz"
and all produced the error message below.

I had been following the Documentation for installing Cygwin and
XFree86, and had no other problems with the other ftp'd files.  "bunzip2

extract.exe.bz2" and "./Xinstall.sh" both seemed to work
fine. (Although that was the only file I tried to untar within
Cygwin.)

I did note that the "startup-scripts.tgz" file at all the mirror sites
had the most recent date on it (July 2, a day or two after all the
other files within the directory), so I wondered about that.

But it was late, so I'll try a few more ftp facilities tonight and see
if I have better luck, unless somebody has a different suggestion.

-Mike Nowak