RE: installation of cywin86-xfree v.4.1.0

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I have down-loaded v4.1.0 xfree binaries from
> ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries/4.1.0/
> I get error message "command gnu-tar  not found" and command "command
> extract not found" when I run xinstall.sh
> The xinstall.sh has been downloaded as binary.  Not sure why.
> Could anybody help?
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Terence TH Ho

This error shows up on some systems, if you would care to read mail archives
first?  I discussed it yesterday with another user.
Beside it does not prevent installation.  So does you installation work or
not?  You did not mention it.  If you do not want to see this error you can
do following

>From Windows Explorer

in the directory where you downloaded all the archives Copy extract.exe to
extract

Then execute sh Xinstall.sh.

Suhaib