United States-International keyboard layout

Alexander,

I have set my Windows keyboard layout in Windows 2000 to US-International so
that I can enter all sorts of fun characters like oua??, etc., by using my
right-hand Alt key as AltGr.  I fired up Cygwin/XFree86 with xmodmap.de and
ran xev to see what sorts of events I'm getting.  One strange thing I
noticed right off the bat is that I only see KeyPress events for ModeSwitch
(AltGr), I never see KeyRelease events for ModeSwitch.  Is that the same
behavior that you see on a real non-U.S. keyboard, or have I discovered
something new and strange?

Thanks,

Harold

P.S. Did I tell you that I'm taking German this summer?  We just finished
the first semester and the second semester starts on Monday.  Ich liebe
Deutsch!  :)