RE: dtwm windows lose focus

> I downloaded and installed Cygwin and XFree86 4.1.0 4 days ago (June
> 21, 2001).
>
> I am trying to use XFree86 to use my Windows 2000 machine as an
> XTerminal for
> a RS6000 machine running AIX.  I want to use the AIX window manager
> "dtwm"
> on my Windows 2000 machine.  "dtwm" looks like what I remember as the
> old
> Motif (OSF) Windows manager (back in the good old days).

There is a vtwm too for Cygwin which looks and behaves like as old OSF/MOTIF
mwm. I have no idea what is going with windows poping to fix focus...? any
one any suggestions?

> Things work pretty well, except that often the dtwm will stop taking
> input from
> my keyboard.  The mouse works, and I can select menu items in dtwm and
> execute them with mouse clicks, and the space bar appears to work on
> the keyboard,
> otherwise nothing.  This will almost always happen when I switch from
> my XFree86 display
> to a Windows 2000 window and back again (in other words, it's as
> though dtwm
> doesn't know I'm back).
>
> Something very odd: I am running Cygwin bash at the same time I am
> running the
> dtwm, and I have found that when dtwm stops reading the keyboard, I
> can fix that
> by popping the bash window to the top of the screen and then
> minimizing it again.
>
> On the other hand, a colleague of mine is trying to run the same
> configuration (possibly
> with an older version of Cygwin), and he can't get dtwm to read his
> keyboard at
> all (same behavior, echoes the space bar only), but popping his bash
> shell to
> to top does not fix the problem.

He might have to upgrade his Cygwin to the latest version.  The newer
binaries of XFree86 were compiled with latest release of Cygwin 1.3.2.

Suhaib