[Fwd: Re: Keyboard is losing itīs focus again]

-------- Original Message --------
Betreff: Re: Keyboard is losing itīs focus again
Datum: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:21:08 +0200
Von: "Cord-H. Fricke" <fricke@team.owl-online.de>
Firma: OWL-Online GmbH & Co. KG
An: Harold Hunt <huntharo@msu.edu>
Referenzen: <NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCGEFFCHAA.huntharo@msu.edu>

Harold Hunt schrieb:

> Fricke,
>
> > start XWin -screen 0 1280x1024x32 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0 -engine 4
> > start /B xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -c '/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap.exe
> > xmodmap.de;xhost.exe 10.101.1.121;/bin/rsh.exe -l cord 10.101.1.121
> > "/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -display 10.101.1.120:0 -e nohup /usr/bin/kde2&"'
>
> Try a simpler test case.  Just launch an xterm, without connecting to a
> remote host, then do the desktop switch that causes xterm to ignore keyboard
> input.  See if you can reproduce the behavior in that simpler situation.

I will trie that this afternoon

> I doubt that this behavior takes three hours to show up; rather, I am
> guessing that there is some pattern of focus changes, or some total count of
> focus changes, that causes this behavior to show up.  Try to reproduce all
> styles of focus changes, and try to produce lots of them, in order to figure
> out the circumstances that cause this behavior.

I will try this if I have a little more time because Iīm working in a
production-environment and my cygwin-tries are only between the normal
production time

> Also, you could try launching a remote KDE session, using your usual
> commands, then walk away from the machine for several hours.  When you come
> back, see if the problem has shown up without any user input.  That would
> prove or disprove my theory that this is not time related.

the same as above ;-)

> Any reason why you aren't using XDMCP?
> http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

Hmmm, itīs a good idea to use XDMCP. But I donīt know how to use it...
If I typ that string "XWin.ex -screen ... -query -from..." cygwin/XFree
is
starting...
but nothing more happens... Did I have to do something on my
Linux-Server?
Or am I  just to stupid to understand the problem?

> > Then my Xserver is starting and KDE is starting too.
> > I can work with all X-Options and it is fast and great and everything...
> >
> > I canīt cut and paste with my Logitech MouseMan Whell (cordless)
> > but there is
> > a workaround with shift+insert.
>
> I saw that it was suggested to use the -emulate3button parameter, and you
> reported that it did not work.  However, the parameter is
> actually -emulate3buttons, notice the 's'.  Give that a try.  In any case,
> you can always get the list of valid paremeters by running 'XWin -help' from
> an MS-DOS Prompt; the Cygwin/XFree86 specific parameters are at the bottom
> of the list.

Oh it was a typo? ;-) I know the correct spellness. But it also doesnīt
work
with one more 's'
XWin -help from MS-DOS Prompt doesnīt work for me, because of
cygwin1.dll is not
found in blablabla (it is there, I sware)...

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Cord-H. Fricke
Systemtechnik