RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 34

Pavel,

> Great, it works much better now :-)

Good.

> The colors are completely different than in 32bit mode - do you want some
> screen captures?

Yup.  That is to be expected.  A StaticColor visual has a colormap that
cannot be changed by the X clients, thus, when an X client wants a
particular color (e.g. light blue), it asks the X server what the closest
match is (e.g. dark blue).  There are only a limited number of colors, so
most color requests won't be perfect matches.

A PseudoColor visual allows the client to request that a particular color
(e.g. light blue) be included in the colormap.  There is still a limit on
how many colors can be in the colormap.

> When I see the problem with desktop refreshing - is that hard work to make
> workspace transparent, when no backround picture is selected?

Huh?  I have no idea what you're asking.  Remember, I'm slow, I need lots of
information.